Girls Where I Work

A chronicle of the notable beauties I encounter at work and in my life in general.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Salvation Army Girl Blues

I had an interesting experience this past holiday season. I was taking my mother to the eye doctor inside WalMart when I realized the Salvation Army bell ringer was a girl I'd talked to before. As mom continued inside, I stood outside in the cold and chatted with this girl. One of the first sentences out of her mouth was "your fly isn't zipped."

It was then that I should've realized that this wouldn't be an ordinary encounter.

I winced, looked down and zipped up. Honestly, it wasn't down that far. But it was enough for her to notice. She was sheltered in a plywood shed that was open in the front. As I talked to her I leaned over. I mentioned that I had seen her picture in the local newspaper. She was donating her hair for a cancer charity. She had had leukemia as a child, and wanted to give back since she was now healthy in remission. This made me swell with affection for this woman.

We both complained about how cold it was. As the wind kicked up I huddled closer to her. She took off her gloves under a vague pretext and I rubbed them briskly as if to warm them up. All the while we are transfixed on each others' eyes.

I commented again on how cold it was, and asked her if she felt it even through her numerous layers of outerwear and throw. "No," she said, "I have a heater here below my stool." With that she lifted the blanket which covered her upper thighs and spread her legs for me. I could feel the heat rising off of it, and the moment made me utter "ooohh. . . . that's nice." And it was. Very nice actually.

I asked if she wanted to date and she said she had a boyfriend. . . well, who doesn't? I countered by saying I wasn't asking him out, just her. I could feel her desire for me radiate off of her smile in waves, just like the warmth coming off the heater beneath her spread legs. Eventually I had to leave her and see about my mom. Yes, I know that sounds lame, but remember I'm freezing my ass off and the shelter isn't big enough for the two of us. And honestly I'm worried about my mom being able to stumble out of the eye care center with her dialated pupils.

On my way back out of the store I caress her bare hands again and pass her a note with my name and phone number. I knew it was a long shot, but I still hope to hear from her sometime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home